Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
15,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the ACTUAL differences from a GSI?
Been looking on VVOC, but as usual, most of the replies are people who are either guessing or wrong lol (Lots of conflicting rubbish)

·
VXON's middle-aged lesbian.
28,825 Posts
AP brakes/LSD/revised final drive/Speedline alloys/dashboard badge/geerknob/bits of carbon fibre trim really.

·
15,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I know all that, I should of said performance/power/engine wise.
I beleive they have Koni adjustables too

·
28,825 Posts
Dest said:
performance/power/engine wise.
No difference what so ever.

·
15,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As I thought then...
According to someone on VVOC, they are 200bhp hense the name

·
Registered
249 Posts
Andy_H said:
The ST200 also gets revised cams & ECU. I think the GSi only got the cams?
Nope. Both the GSi and the ST200 are exactly the same engine spec. The ST200 brochure does list an ugraded ECU (as Vauxhall had Superchips carry out some development work) but the cars were never fitted with this option on them. 200bhp same as the GSi.

·
15,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The only thing I do know for certain is that only 38 were made!
Apparently only about 20 left now

·
Registered
249 Posts
Dest said:
The only thing I do know for certain is that only 38 were made!
Apparently only about 20 left now
If you track down Harvey Elmsley (posts on VXLSCC and MK2 Astra) he knows everything you need to know about them.

·
Premium Member
6,989 Posts
DaveDempsey said:
Nope. Both the GSi and the ST200 are exactly the same engine spec. The ST200 brochure does list an ugraded ECU (as Vauxhall had Superchips carry out some development work) but the cars were never fitted with this option on them. 200bhp same as the GSi.
Quoted from Total Vauxhall Magazine (on the ST200):

"Included in the spec from the factory you'd get Koni road/race suspension, AP racing Suretrac limited slip differential, revised 4.45:1 final drive ratio, Swindon Racing Engines-developed cams and ECU, Speedline 7.5x17 inch alloys with Michelin Pilot SX GT 215/45 tyres and huge AP Racing four-pot callipers with 325mm disks and Mintex M1166 pads."

I believe the GSi only got revised cams.

·
28,825 Posts
DaveDempsey said:
they are 192ps but I wasnt going to be pedantic, most hit around the 200bhp mark anyway.
Other way round at initial testing,................they put out 200PS/192 bhp :)

·
28,825 Posts
Andy_H said:
Quoted from Total Vauxhall Magazine (on the ST200):

"Included in the spec from the factory you'd get Koni road/race suspension, AP racing Suretrac limited slip differential, revised 4.45:1 final drive ratio, Swindon Racing Engines-developed cams and ECU, Speedline 7.5x17 inch alloys with Michelin Pilot SX GT 215/45 tyres and huge AP Racing four-pot callipers with 325mm disks and Mintex M1166 pads."

I believe the GSi only got revised cams.
Yeah, but the ECU idea was dropped after the brochure came out (as was the 6-speed gearbox idea).

Same as the Nova Sport brochure, it lists uprated brakes, but they didn't happen in the end.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts