Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I bow to your almighty Vauxhall knowledge I have a question that I would love an answer too.

I currently own a 96 plate 2.5 v6 cdx, as the old girl is getting on mileage wise I am looking at a new car. I have found an SRI with half the mileage & was wondering if the 97 R plate 2.5 V6 SRI benefitted from the uprated suspension compared to that of the CDX. I seem to think it wasn't introduced until 98 (same year the GSI was introduced) but could anyone confirm this?

Thanks in advance :Cool2:

Steve

·
VxON's only German Shepherd
6,939 Posts
The SRi has stiffer suspension compared to the CDX. The GSi uses the same beam setup as the SRi. In all honesty having owned both there's not a lot in it. £300 would see either uprated nicely though. I don't know anything about an upgraded suspension later in the range though. Could be wrong I guess

·
CavWeb Hooker
8,446 Posts
My 98S SRi has uprated & lowered springs, found on the GSi also (the GSi is an SRi, with MSD goodies).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Many thanks guys. Thought as much, I know that the original SRI was tweaked by MSD to make up the GSI series so was under the impression that the SRI would use the same suspension set up.

:smile

·
Registered
7 Posts
the SRi came with a 20mm lower set up than that of standard models. the same for the GSi. MSD never touched the SRi, they were given GSi's by vauxhall if i remember rightly to make into better cars, ie, 3.0 cams etc.

·
Registered
240 Posts
the SRi came with a 20mm lower set up than that of standard models. the same for the GSi. MSD never touched the SRi, they were given GSi's by vauxhall if i remember rightly to make into better cars, ie, 3.0 cams etc.

Only on the 98 on models, upto 98 the suspension was the same as all the other models

1 - 7 of 7 Posts