Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had my vectra a while now and i have run out of time and money to finish it so its road worthy so here goes,
its a 2.0i gls eco tec auto in black
i have changed these parts,
f/n/s macpherson strut
f/n/s lower suspention arm
f/n/s anti roll bar link bar
stripped and rebuilt inlet manifold (to fix common fault of cutting out)
indicator/flasher arm
headlight switch

bad bits it does need a new f/r/o/s doors as buckled, and rear arch needs attention to the o/s arch
needs the track rod end on the n/s (new one in the car waiting)
the panel behind the front bumper skin is damaged (again new one in the boot)
the front and rear bumper skins need replaceing but may be repairable to the able person
o/s wing mirror lens needs changeing (spare wing mirror in the boot with lens)
it has NO longer got the sri alloys now on 4x 195/65/15 avon's with about 3/4 tread left on then
there is a fault in the brakes i think it could be something to do with the abs but very uncertain as you have to pump the brake pedel at least once to feel a brakeing effect
i paid £375 from ebay i knew about the body damage but i did'nt know about the suspention or brakes and lucky for me they held together that day as i did hammer it a bit as a week later i turned round a corner at 10-15 mph and it just kicked out on me which i would to be work rubbers on it all and someone had tried to take the macpherson strut out and well did'nt do it back up properly,

i am asking what i paid for it before i done the work as i just need the money to get another car on the road so my baby's mother has got a car to run around in,
if you are intreasted private message me on here as my e-mail is out at the moment or call my voicemail and leave your number and say it's about the car and i will get back to you the number is 07958103929
it is in folkestone in kent and has no mot or no tax

·
Premium Member
13,307 Posts
benny not being funny but 375 with not tax or ticket?? and with the faults listed.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know but as i say the car cost me that and since i spent £100 on the wheels and if i went thru vauxhall for parts it would have been in excess of £400 for the front suspention it is fair and the engine is sweet as it's done less then 80k, i must admit i do laugh when i see things like this with a price like this but i got to try but if any one wants to make a offer go for it but if it is too low i will keep the wheels for myself as i will just go buy a carlton that they will fit right on to

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the standard 5 stud 195/65-15 as got them from a vauxhall breakers in rochester for £100 which seemed good to me as they did not have much wear and were on the steel rims i needed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts