Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not. I have just read the sticky on the "B" and yes i do have my heart set on having one, but boy has this put me off.:shame: My question is, when does the "c" start from and are they any better? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
Don't be put off by reading about "all the problems" with the Vectra.

It's no better and no worse than any other mass produced car.

As with people, there's good and bad examples.

And remember it's human nature to complain.

So, for every dis-gruntled owner, there's hundreds of happy ones.

Good luck in your choice. :Cool2:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Check the differance between the late 02 (pre-facelift) and the 04/05 (facelift) as on the later ones there was a tendance to omitt some features that were standard on the earler models. I cannot remember what but check auto dipping mirror, auto wipers, Ecotech engine not VVT. Do try to go up the model list as possible, more gadgets!!

·
Premium Member
13,088 Posts
iv got a t reg v6 yes it has had a few problems new fuel tank,drop link's and steering arm's,but its a great comfy car,made for motorway's,just as good on the twisty roads,and a 100% better than the calibra i had before it.just get a good one an rac inspection will sort that out.

·
Premium Member
3,121 Posts
Don't be put off by reading about "all the problems" with the Vectra.

It's no better and no worse than any other mass produced car.

As with people, there's good and bad examples.

And remember it's human nature to complain.

So, for every dis-gruntled owner, there's hundreds of happy ones.

Good luck in your choice. :Cool2:
Exactly, as theres no " I'm very happy with my vectra" section, we'll only ever hear about problems, that's what this area is for dorcav:rolleyes:
Some of us have paid much less than £500 for tidy vec b's, and had trouble free motoring.

·
Premium Member
974 Posts
Well just to do my bit for the 'Happy with my Vectra' section, I've just changed from a 96 3.0 V6 Omega Elite to a 54 plate 3.2 V6 Vectra GSi and I'm loving it.
Driven a couple of old Vectra B over the years and they seemed decent enough. Even compared to the Omega the Vectra C is quite a move forward.:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.