Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
We have a few problems with our new vectra, one is the air con but thats in another thread,
When we stop the car to run back into the house or garage etc or if you stall it in the petrol station or line of traffic you we cant restart the car
We have to get out lock the doors wait 5-25 mins, there dosnt seem to be a set time then the car will re start.
We know it has the factory firtted immobilliser but we are not sure how to reset it if this stall etc happens,
Any ideas ? or is a trip to the local garage with diagnostic equipment.

·
VXon Frontera Monkey
9,882 Posts
Hi if you exit the car lock the drivers door this confirms to the immobiliser thats it has been set when you unlock the door insert the key ASAP this then confirms to the immobiliser it is off
regards
Steve

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
By locking the doors with the key or key fob and then reopening the doors with the key or fob,
The problem is that sometimes it dont diasble the immobaliser, we have to seem to wait between 5 and 25 mins ?

·
Qualified lego bricklayer
9,180 Posts
Immobiliser isn't connected to the door lock. Immobiliser works by way of a transponder chip in the key fob that communicates to a transceiver near to the ignition switch which in turn then communicates to the ECU.

·
VXon Frontera Monkey
9,882 Posts
Hi you never said it was remote locking in the first post so i assumed that it was key locking never mind ...well from the rest of the posting it sounds like a dodgy transponder have you tried the spare key and seen how well it goes
regards
Steve

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Steve,
going to have to get a second key cut, will the new key carry over the problems of the programming on the first transponder that could possibly be faulty ?
Or can I go to main dealer and give them a code ? if so where would I find the code in the key fob ?
So I am no good with cars !

·
Registered
10 Posts
Try to put the Key in the Ignition turn to the second Position (Ignition Lights on) and press the Fob as if to open the Door for 10-15 Seconds.this will reset the Transponder.

·
Qualified lego bricklayer
9,180 Posts
Try to put the Key in the Ignition turn to the second Position (Ignition Lights on) and press the Fob as if to open the Door for 10-15 Seconds.this will reset the Transponder.
Sorry, but it won't. All this does is re-syncronise the remote keyfob to the central locking system.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks guys, I havent noticed the ECU light flashing when the problem happens, I will try the key fob thing also, got to better than having to get in and out.
I am off on Friday day time, so I will see if I can find a key cutting place to try a second key.
Will keep you posted :)

·
VXon Frontera Monkey
9,882 Posts
Hi if its the transponder breaking down then you will need a new one from vx you will also need the 'car pass' for vx to programme the new transponder to the ecu
regards
Steve

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Grease, where can I find the pass number thingy for the TX or will the dealers be able to look it up on there systems ?
We have brought this second hand and got no paper work other than the log book and Mot, 1 key/fob.

·
Registered
205 Posts
try phoning vaux dealer with your chassis number see what they can do-

as for getting a spare key cut-i dont see how tat will help as the fob is the problem and i assume you can only get them from vauxhall

1 - 14 of 14 Posts