Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, my first time here,
my key is not turning at all:(, i took the streeing wheel cover off and the black switch that sits on the side of the barrel.
i think the barrel is jammed and i neeed to take it out.
any help very much aperciated

·
Qualified lego bricklayer
9,180 Posts
And once you've got it turning, consider changing the lock barrel ASAP. You need to be able to turn it to change the barrel. Next time you might not be so fortunate in turning it and therefore will make changing it all the more difficult.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And once you've got it turning, consider changing the lock barrel ASAP. You need to be able to turn it to change the barrel. Next time you might not be so fortunate in turning it and therefore will make changing it all the more difficult.
Dave i cant get it to turn.. it happend before but iwould just take the key out and put it back in and it would turn,,,,,, but this time its not turning at all:cry:

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
if its not moving with the grease and the wd40 then it sounds like its been sticking for a while and now its stopped turning altogether,i take it your moving the steering wheel as you try twisting the key ,you need to get the barrel turned to 1st or second position to be able to push the locking pin in to with draw the barrel.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it used to stick before but itwould turn at the seconed attempt, now its not turning at all. can i turn it by spaner or something ( would it be safe). some one told me to open one of the screws above the houseing on the right. Scott is the locking pin on the left of the housing under the steering

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
i wouldn't force it with anything apart from your hand,and even then you risk snapping the key before the barrel will turn,i'm sure if you keep trying it in and out of the barrel and turning each time you put the key in and wiggling the steering wheel then it will eventually go,the pin is underneath the barrel about an inch in,where excactly i can't remember

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.