Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vectra drivers door will not shut, also internal locking button jammed up on that door (central locking) vectra cdx t reg 2.0
Is this a servo problem?

·
VxON's only German Shepherd
6,939 Posts
Open the passenger door and look at the position of the mech. There's a bit of the mech that can like slip around and does what you say. Needs a bit of brute force and a screwdriver or something similar to push it back.

·
Registered
20 Posts
That rings a bell CavBayBen. Used to have a Nova which did exactly that for some reason.
Play about on the locking mechanism with a large screwdriver and it would suddenly click back into position without my really knowing how I had done it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
looking at it from here it dosent seem to be the door catch I have pulled it back using screwdriver it seams ok.
I suppose its time to take off the door pannel and look if anything slipped inside

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was part of the internal locking gear one of the switches had jammed up on the drivers door unit.
I need to know if I can buy the following spares over the counter or is it scrap yard job?
small green nylon wire clip fits to door button push rod at bottom and locking unit.
also the main door handle I will need the black nylon leaver that fits on the back of the barrel both look worn, so will need to be replaced when refitting the unit
thanks for any help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts