Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
8,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are these a straight swap for my Cavalier handles or do I have to do something to them?

·
8v Power!
10,748 Posts
I think theres a how-2 on this Dan,

·
Banned
8,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
*AJO* said:
depends if your retaining the locks or not

if your de locking its a straight swap
I'm keeping my front barrells, don't fancy being locked out in an emergancy.

·
Cavalier Turbo Replica
1,716 Posts
the thing is though mate, your central locking works from the boot, so you wont be locked out ;)

·
Banned
8,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
*AJO* said:
the thing is though mate, your central locking works from the boot, so you wont be locked out ;)
It will do when I re-wire it as its had the bootlid swapped :Cool2:

·
Banned
8,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got a problem with my drivers door handle undid one nut no probs but the other nut turns but won't undo, so how the feck am I gonna get my drivers door handle off :shame:

·
Registered
7,992 Posts
Danboy22uk said:
Got a problem with my drivers door handle undid one nut no probs but the other nut turns but won't undo, so how the feck am I gonna get my drivers door handle off :shame:

which one the old one on the car??

·
Premium Member
31,460 Posts
Danboy22uk said:
Force maybe needed to brake the alloy back plate, but be careful not to damage the door outer skin. I had the same prob on my old sri. Failing that, nothing a drill wont sort out ;)

·
Missing the Booooossst!!!! :-(
8,709 Posts
while undoing the nut pull on the handle from the outside to try and get the nut to grip the thread...

sounds like someones got abit carried away and stripped the thread and the nut is just turning. :up:

·
Banned
8,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
vauxmaster said:
while undoing the nut pull on the handle from the outside to try and get the nut to grip the thread...

sounds like someones got abit carried away and stripped the thread and the nut is just turning. :up:
All I did was undo it but the nut just turned never actually moved, looks wrong with one normal cav handle on it :lmao:

·
Banned
8,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Right just had a look at my handle with my brother, its not stripped the thread but the whole threaded part attached to the handle spins.

·
Kind of a big deal......
6,540 Posts
Brute force then, just dont damage the door!
Either chisel the back plate, or try cut the plastic handle? Failing that drill out the bolt?

·
Banned
8,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
CavHopper said:
Brute force then, just dont damage the door!
Either chisel the back plate, or try cut the plastic handle? Failing that drill out the bolt?
Thinking of drilling it from the outside or something.

·
Premium Member
7,262 Posts
if you get a round punch in the centre of the stud & give it a sharp hit it should go , dont hit it too hard though as you don`t want to damage the door ,had to do this on my mates old cav when the same thing happened to that.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts