Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello can any body advise. ive had my 97 2ltr td plugged in and a list of faults came up.
p1502, no immobiliser signal
p0100, maf sensor circuit low input
p0725, rpm sensor no signal
p0500, veh speed sensor voltage high
p1650, can-bus off line
p1515, pedal position voltage high
p1220, fuel injection wrong flow
the mechanic suggested it could be the ecu/emu sending out wrong info.
since he clearad the the faults it is more drivable.
suggestions please ( not match in fuel tank )
geof.

·
Premium Member
7,262 Posts
the way we do it at work is to clear all codes & make a note of them , then roadtest the car for aboult half hour & then check it for codes again & see whats left , some of the codes could have been stored in the ecu for a while , someone could have had a problem before & been unplugging things with engine running / ignition on & that really throws faults up.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
diesel faults

thanks for the info, i think i will send my ecu off to have it checked first. by the way could you tell me where to find the ecu. geof.

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
For reference purposes, it sortof lives behind the glovebox. To get it off the car you need to remove the wipers and the black plastic cowling between the bottom edge of the windscreen and the engine bay.

You might want to give these guys a call. I haven't used them myself but they seem to repair (rather than exchange) ECU's. The appeal here is twofold...
1. You don't pay a blanket exhange charge for what may be a quick repair.
2. You won't need to TechII the car with the new ECU to marry it to your injector pump.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts