Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all my vectra sri140 has started cutting out when i slow and come to a stop ive just had the head gasket changed and all valves,ports etc cleaned and polished with a new timing belt at the same time. the eml comes on and straight back off and i get a smell of petrol coming in to the car ive checked f/tank filler pipe hoses etc and no leaks any ideas will be appreciated
:shame:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no not now eml came on for a couple of seconds before it cut out and hasnt came back on since however it is still cutting out seems to be when i come to a stop with my foot on the brake and clutch the revs just drop to 0

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
forgot to mention its only when engine is warm and it has a slight blow in the manifold which was picked up by the garage that done the engine work has also had new thermostat

·
Premium Member
13,088 Posts
it will have codes stored id guess relating to the crank sensor

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi do i do the paperclip test ive got to pins on top and 6 on bottom of the connector block by the handbrake i bridged 5 and 6 and the light stayed on

·
Registered
50 Posts
im not a mechanic but i would guess at 'idle control valve' if it is, a simple job to do - just clean it out with carb cleaner,no harm in doing it anyway as it is a common problem! there use to be a how-to guide for it on this website, if not haynes manual!

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
Not only the idle speed control valve but also the throttle body, butterfly valve and the hole in the throttle body below the butterfly valve. This is a classic symptom, should be an easy and cheap fix. Search for "cutting out? read this"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts