Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks

I have just bought a second hand Vectra from a "reputable" :lmao: used car salesman ... after reading afew (ok a lot) of the postings in here it would seem that almost anything can and will be answered, so here's my little niggle.

In fifth gear if I accelerate to overtake .... I get a weird resonance / vibration noise that seems to emmanate from somewhere behind the dash is this common ? or does anyone else have the problem and maybe the solution.

I have only just bought the car and am (so far) more than impressed with it, I didn't get a service manual or instruction booklets for the various thingy's its got fitted, as someone else (also buying a car at the same time) picked mine up and left me one for a skoda felicia...:lmao::lmao:.

The salesman is confident they will bring it back ..... but I'm not.. they are probably on a similar Skoda forum moaning that they were given the wrong one .... if there is a skoda forum ....

Anyway, sure I will be visiting these pages a lot over the next few weeks ... months .... years

Regards

Legacy

·
Well-Known User.
4,290 Posts
Hiya Mate, 5th. gear is used for cruising at speed, it keeps the engine rev's down which gives better M.P.G. when on the motor way. It's not designed for overtaking, try dropping down to 4th.

·
Registered
173 Posts
It's trying to accelerate hard, but 5th. gear is too high - change down one. I have an auto and it goes like **** off a shovel - it changes down one, or two if I select Sports Mode.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.