Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how many of you have had problem's with these then,my mate's car did four resistor pack's,in the space of a year.vx could not fix it it seem's.

he has since solderd in a heavier capacitor from maplin's,and fixed that problem,but now the fan has been makeing a hell of a noise,we took it out the dash and the shaft on the fan had rusted,so this might have caused the resistor's to pop.

quick clean up of the shaft, penny oil and some grease it's now right as rain,i think the problem on the vec c was a flaw in the way the car was built.the drain under the wiper's on a vecta B has been moved off too one side on the vectra C,and the position of this let's rain get into the fan as the cover on the pollen filter is not water tight.

why are vauxhall not paying any of the cost of repair's for this **** up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I checked with local vx dealer and checking the drains is still not part of any of their service routines! They must be getting plenty of business from the flooding and heater problems it cuases though!

·
Premium Member
13,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked with local vx dealer and checking the drains is still not part of any of their service routines! They must be getting plenty of business from the flooding and heater problems it cuases though!
to the tune of around £160 a time to fix it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.