Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya all problem here is after some bad snow falls up here in scotland now that its clear ive found that the driver side door mirror is not working and that when you select drivers door mirror to adjust it actually moves the passenger side door mirror and the controls are reversed as in go left mirror moves right.

P.s in case you wander when you select passenger side it works ok.

Any light shone on this problem would be much appriecated.

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, got a very similar problem. when selecting right hand mirror both mirrors go together, but when selecting the left hand side it works ok as it should do, a little bit b4 this i had my electric drivers side window would not one touch go up, had to keep finger on it. Going to Vauxhalls Monday will let you know the outcome to see if it helps

·
Qualified lego bricklayer
9,180 Posts
RTFM.

This is how it's supposed to work. Earlier Vectra-C's (as in mine - a 2003 model) you could control the mirrors independantly, but on 2004 onward models they changed the set up.

To quote from a 2003 users manual:-

Adjusting exterior mirrors: Four-way switch on driver’s door
Press switch for left or right hand mirror: four-way switch operates the corresponding mirror."

But quoting from a 2004 users manual:-

Adjust exterior mirror
If the exterior mirror switch is pressed, the four-way switch adjusts the driver’s mirror and the passenger’s mirror, and if the interior mirror switch is pressed, only the passenger’s mirror is adjusted.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Haha, I never spotted that mine did this b4, either i wasnt looking at both mirrors before or mine had a fault and operated singulary.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts