Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 2005 Vectra 2.2 direct, this morning it developed a big misfire. Ordered some spark plugs, hopefully that does the job.
Since I've never done this before, they should be below the coil pack after I remove it?
Another thing is I'm wondering what these two are. It says bosch on them and I'm wondering if they are part of the ignition system as well.
Thanks
Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Automotive air manifold

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The direct. Have you been using regular unleaded or super unleaded? . The direct can only use E5 which I belive is only available in super unleaded.
I have been using 95 octane e10.. It's a bit low on fuel atm, If I get a jerry can or two of like 15-20 litres would that fix the problem? And why is it a problem at all?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
vauxhall says the 2.2 cant use e10 has to be e5
I looked into it a bit, it says that accidental usage won't be a problem, and in my case it's puffing black quite generously while misfiring which gives me the sign that it's a spark and not a fuel problem. Anyways, thank you all for telling me that, I didn't know it :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Sitrep: I changed the plugs, there was a bit of oil in one of the plug holes from the valve cover gasket, cleaned it carefully, started the engine and 15 second later it began misfiring again. Is there a way of testing the coil pack or a place where they refurb them (Southampton area)?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts