Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 2005 Vectra 2.2 direct, this morning it developed a big misfire. Ordered some spark plugs, hopefully that does the job.
Since I've never done this before, they should be below the coil pack after I remove it?
Another thing is I'm wondering what these two are. It says bosch on them and I'm wondering if they are part of the ignition system as well.
Thanks
Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Automotive air manifold

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The direct. Have you been using regular unleaded or super unleaded? . The direct can only use E5 which I belive is only available in super unleaded.
I have been using 95 octane e10.. It's a bit low on fuel atm, If I get a jerry can or two of like 15-20 litres would that fix the problem? And why is it a problem at all?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
vauxhall says the 2.2 cant use e10 has to be e5
I looked into it a bit, it says that accidental usage won't be a problem, and in my case it's puffing black quite generously while misfiring which gives me the sign that it's a spark and not a fuel problem. Anyways, thank you all for telling me that, I didn't know it :)

·
16,783 Posts
E10 attacks the seals in that particular pump. I did read that upgraded Vitron seals are available but don't know of anyone who has fitted them yet.

·
Registered
Tigra Twintop 1.8 AT Z18XE AF17
834 Posts
Not exactly the seals but the rubber pumping elements. People think they can get away with it. That pump was already struggling with the regular older fuel.

·
Premium Member
1,525 Posts
The higher ethanol Content in the E10 eats away the rubber diaphragms. Type high pressure fuel pump z22yh in ebay and loads of people are selling kits to fix now. Even the pumps are selling second hand for £300 as they are getting harder to find without the repair being done.

Give the plugs a go (as this is what you wish to try) but if still misfires you'll need it looking at properly before you start playing the expensive game of part darts.

Hope the plugs sorts it 👍

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Sitrep: I changed the plugs, there was a bit of oil in one of the plug holes from the valve cover gasket, cleaned it carefully, started the engine and 15 second later it began misfiring again. Is there a way of testing the coil pack or a place where they refurb them (Southampton area)?

·
Registered
2008 Astra Twintop 1.8
598 Posts
A quick google of 'Vectra 2.2 Direct Misfire' brings up loads of results all pointing to the high pressure fuel pump. I would be looking there, especially as you've tried to run it on E10 fuel.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts