Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yeah that's the one must of missed the bit were he says about the slave shaft, but that music, why he thought I know I play this over the top.

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
12,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
So that means I have the option of just removing the shaft and may be replace the Inner boot and Outer boot at the same time, then at least I'd know its done.

·
Super Moderator
15,741 Posts
unless you use 2 stretch boots, then there is no need to remove the shaft at all, or the a cv joint, personally i dont think these stretch boots last long, i had one put on in july 2019, january 2021 it needed replacing 🤷‍♂️

·
Premium Member
12,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I messaged them last night about a inner boot, got a reply back today saying if the joint is round then use one of the outer ones just cut it down, so I can get a inner boot from Euro should be £11.99 but with this special code can get it for £7.19

·
14,887 Posts
unless you use 2 stretch boots, then there is no need to remove the shaft at all, or the a cv joint, personally i dont think these stretch boots last long, i had one put on in july 2019, january 2021 it needed replacing 🤷‍♂️
Same here, had two J & R stretch boots fail on my car within two years and I didn't stretch them to fit them.

Reactions: oberlisc and andy_v

·
Super Moderator
15,741 Posts
ffs, lets try again, i had a big long post written out and the thing wouldnt post, cos some one we never see decided to do a fucking up date :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

cut a long story short, check them boots when ya at the counter, see what ya think of the quality, i think its **** 🤷‍♂️

·
Premium Member
12,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Checked on ebay about the CV boots I remember buying Boots for little less a Fiver now have a choice from £10 to £30 a boot.

·
14,887 Posts
I noticed they seemed to have gone up in price too, wonder why?

Reactions: andy_v and oberlisc
21 - 33 of 33 Posts