Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi , everything was going just fine until i had washed the engine with water using air-compressor , then the car won't start :( . i had tried to dry the wires and sensors , also i left the car over night to dry , but nothing happens, just starter motor sound trying to start the car :sick:.

so what do u advise me to do ? i mean which sensor(s) can be mainly cause the car to don't start that i should to take care of it? , and where's it is position ?

THANX :)

·
Super Moderator
27,938 Posts
As Brian says why risk washing the engine , electrics & water don't mix well as you've found out :( always safer to use a brush & a cloth to wipe down & clean most parts of your engine , but blasting everything in water is a big no no.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
I had an engine clean done on my old cortina many years ago and it caused more problems than ever--would not get it done now or ever again.Just clean the engine down with spray on cleaners and brush off.Think the OP has to start cleaning and drying engine components off one by one to try and get it started.i would think its going to take him sometime to sort this out.Hope you get it dryed out---Dave

·
Registered
265 Posts
You have to get some codes read.
Most probably water in some of the electronics.

try blowing warm air onto the electronic bits you can see

1 - 9 of 9 Posts