Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is ther anyway i can turn it off or silence it? as it keeps going off! my bro in laws neighbours are getting a bit touchy about it know:down:
cheers in advance.

·
Qualified lego bricklayer
9,180 Posts
Try locking the doors by reaching in through the back offside door and pressing the button down on the drivers door, then closing the rear door. This way the alarm won't be set. I should point out that the deadlocks won't be activated using this method.

Why not try fixing the problem? I take it you've checked for obvious faults? The bonnet pin switch being out of alignment is a common one. Also when the battery back up batteries start failing is another.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Try locking the doors by reaching in through the back offside door and pressing the button down on the drivers door, then closing the rear door. This way the alarm won't be set. I should point out that the deadlocks won't be activated using this method.

Why not try fixing the problem? I take it you've checked for obvious faults? The bonnet pin switch being out of alignment is a common one. Also when the battery back up batteries start failing is another.
Where is the battery backup to replace it?

·
Registered
23 Posts
N/s/f wing it's behind the splash guard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I read somewhere that the backup battery is in the alarm sounder its self but it looks like a sealed unit? I will take the splash guard off and have a look behind there as well.
Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts