Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I tried changing my oil and filter (paper element) but when I tried removing the oil filter, the entire aluminium housing assembly is turning, what is the best way to fix this?
How do you remove the entire housing or is there another way? when I tried turning the filter anti clockwise it just keeps turning and won't come loose.

·
Super Moderator
15,430 Posts
this was covered a couple of days ago, put a filter strap round the body so ya can push clockwise, while turning the filter cap nut anticlockwise, something might break, am sure the other lad broke something

·
Registered
39 Posts
Can be a pain, I did this with my bro few days ago.
We used a dremel to make a small flat spot on 1 side then I put a chain oil filter wrench on that flat spot we made so it will grip properly, whilst I held the housing with the chain wrench my bro turned with a breaker bar and then the cap cracked since it was seized, then we used a screwdriver and snapped half the cap off, then we unscrewed the housing which has 1 bolt inside. This is how I did it. You might be lucky and it will come off easier, I am buying an adaptor so I can use the canister type filters instead of those paper ones.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts