Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , I have a Vectra B 1.8 16v LS, T plate (1999). Apparently I need a replacement gearbox AGAIN! (this will be the 2nd in 2 years!) so I'm obviously keen to avoid the expense of a new or recon box. I am considering trying to get hold of a 2nd hand box, but would like some advice on what gearbox model I need to look out for. I'm hazarding a guess at a F18??

Also, can anyone let me know whether I'll have any difficulty trying to put an older Vectra A gearbox into the Vectra B?

And by the way, any advice anyone could give me on common gearbox problems or contacts would be really appreciated, as I reckon the need for one gearbox after 80,000 miles is unlucky, another 12,000 miles after is ludicrous!!!

·
Whatever!!!!!!
6,482 Posts
Well m8
I have 2 F18's if you are interested,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
1 has done 90k and the other has done 100k ;)

·
Premium Member
6,377 Posts
sounds like you put in a cheap recon gearbox,vauxhalls recon gearboxes are remanufactured so will have a minimum amount of new parts fitted regardless of condition,alot of cheap recon boxes only have bearings and any parts that are damaged,try a vauxhall recon box as the prices have come down alot recently

·
Registered
10 Posts
My G,box went at the beginign of the year, F18 box form a daewoo nexia was the replacement by the garage. smae box just a different badge on it. Threfore if looking for a 2nd hand box dont just look for one from a vectra. F18 gbox was also used on the mk3 astra.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts