Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

Vectra A / Cavalier lll pollen filter?

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Atlantean 
#1 ·
I saw a 94 Vectra A today that had a pollen filter fitted — it was a LHD but didn't have aircon!

I vaguely recall some of the late Calibras having pollen filters as an extra.

Anyone know anything about pollen filters on the Cavalier?

#7 ·
you have two options if you want to fit one. They are only any use if you have working air con.

1) Goto a scrap yard and find a calibra M reg on. IIRC. And remove the square airbox surround. This requires you to remove the wiper arms, plastic weather cover, wiper motor (two 8mm bolts), and then 4 bolts to remove the bit you want. Fit this bit to yours applying silicon sealant to seal it. Fit new cally pollen filter (if you can get one)

2) Buy a vectra A jetex pollen filter. (if you can get one). The problem with this is that it has a cutout for the wiper linkage which is in the place for LHD. So when fitted to a RHD you need to cut some of the cross hatching when the wiper linkage will rub against. (easy job)

The problem with these is getting a new pollen filter in the first place. Wouldn't like to fit a 2nd hand one.

EDIT: Looks like there are calibra ones on ebay. £15 ish.
Don't get the one in motorquip box marked VCF112. I expect it is an air filter for engine

Cavalier heaterbox

Cavalier type heater surround. Note shape and distorted seal which needs redoing with silicone

#8 ·
Nice one Andy! I was not looking to fit one - more interested in the fact that I saw one fitted in a LHD Vectra A - wondered if they actually were fitted to them. Obviously were as a pollen filter was made for them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.