Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all need help!
I have a Vectra 2.0 DI GLS 1997 right for the past few months i have been having my ecu light coming on when i first start the car the ecu light comes on but then will go off if i leave it idling or if i get to 3000 revs while im driving, while im driving it doesn't come back on and its fine i dont lose power or anything when the light is on, sometimes if i leave the car sat all day while im at work then it may come on again when i finish work. I was told by the garage that as it goes out i shouldn't worry. Last week on my way to work the ecu light stayed on and it went into safe mode, i took it to a garage and they tested it told me it was vacuum senor manifold (think thats what its called its at the back left by the brake fluid reservoir, there is also another 2 near the battery) so i went to vauxhall (as its the only place i could get one from) and got one which cost me £130, once i had fitted it i drove it and within the next day it was out of safe mode driving fine but the light still comes on when i first start the car if its been left for a while and goes if i leave it idling or rev it to 3000 revs i cant understand why its still doing this if anyone can offer me any help i would be really grateful, the vectra is the best car i have driven yet and i dont want to have to get rid of it!! so HELP please
Thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts