Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I give up, I know there is a thread somewhere on this but I cannot find it...

I am messing about with my v6 Vectra B and have decided to fit a performance panel air filter instead of an induction kit. I understand that if I cut the intake pipes in 3 places, I can achieve better throttle response. Where do I cut the pipe? I see the regular intake pipe that is located over the rad fan, and a long dead end pipe going along the front panel, and another dead end pipe poking out where the horns are located. any help would be much appreciated, as I do not want to screw up my whole car with a hacksaw and dumb guesswork! I'm doing all this now while I have easy access, because I hear its a pain to do otherwise.

Thanking you :beer:

·
Premium Member
17,488 Posts
I dont know about the other 2 but the easy one to access is...

in the air filter box, remove lid and filter, and you will see a pipe entering the box, cut that down a bit - thats one of the 3 pipe mod.

·
Premium Member
5,300 Posts
I dont know about the other 2 but the easy one to access is...

in the air filter box, remove lid and filter, and you will see a pipe entering the box, cut that down a bit - thats one of the 3 pipe mod.
thats one and then remove the grill there is a pipe thats round and sealed, open that up and the third is behind the drivers side headlight
i dont know exactly where as i have only done the first 2

·
Banned
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
excellent, ok, cut the air box outpipe down a touch, chop the end off of the long pipe going behind the bumper, and chop the end off of the pipe behind the headlight. Luckily I have access to all three areas at the mo, so am going to try it tomorrow. Hey I may do my first HOW2 on it! People often ask why two of the three pipes are closed off, my theory is that they provide an induction silencer effect, so, hopefully, if i chop these pipes up a little I can expect a nice v6 roar! thank you fellows.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts