Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
spent 20mins looking on the forum and cant find anything.
so here goes time to ask my question :) hopefully someone can help.

i baught a vectra today got a good price. was running absolutly fine but comeing down the m20 got to about 90mph and a light with spanner come on dash, turned ignition on and off to get rid of and crawled down the motorway. tryed to get my speed back up again and did the same. arround 90+ mph

anyone shed some light on this for me hopeing its something simple and easy to repair.

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
can't think of anything off hand mate,since you just bought a vectra you need a interface and software for the faults,its called OPCOM and its about £50 on ebay,well worth the money

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
the fault will be stored mate,the spanner is an electrical fault as far as i know and the EML that comes on and goes off when you first turn on the ignition would be another fault if it stayed on,i don't know the difference in the faults that it could be though if you know what i mean.
it could be a vacuum problem or an egr valve problem or anything,if you get the fault read or buy that interface it will help you a lot more.
you might find its a vacuum problem with the turbo as i had this when i shortaned the actuator arm on my turbo,but its still only a guess

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.