Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi...my 1st post so bear with me,
My 2.6 SRi has started playing up when cold, when you turn the ignition you sometimes hear a noise a bit like gears not meshing properly for a short period and then the engine rocks...if I switch off and back on again it's o.k..it starts up o.k but if you pull away it's as if you have kangeroo juice in it??????

It has got 162,000 on the clock....it's booked in at the garage in 2 days time so I would be grateful for any ideas.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just a update.....I have since been to a garage and they could not find anything wrong...but the problem has continued....However I tried unplugging the Mass air flow sensor and the engine started fine and when I tried driving all the power seemed restored where it was sluggish before??????

I would of thought this would point to the M.A.F.S being at fault and does anyone now what difference if any it would make to the car being unplugged????

C

·
0 Posts
MASS AIRFLOW SENSOR (MAF). Mounted ahead of the throttle body on multiport fuel injected engines, this sensor monitors the volume of air entering the engine. The sensor uses either a hot wire or heated filament to measure both airflow and air density.

MAF Sensor Strategies: The sensing element in MAF sensors can be easily contaminated causing hard starting, rough idle, hesitation and stalling problems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts