Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Edited to update. Car is still for sale!

The car has a few problems and would suit someone with a bit of spannering skill.

It's got very few cosmetic issues at all. Very tidy indeed. Dark green. Has vauxhall alloys on, the rest is standard.

Needs new rear end of exhaust, the existing unit's muffler is shot, so it's quite boy-racer throaty sounding.

Engine runs lumpy. Has new sparks, didn't fix it. Suspect needs new throttle body, or fuel pump.

I'm a full time mature student and it broke down on me the week before coming away to my second year, and I simply didn't have the funds to have it towed down to me, or have proper diagnostics done. Every penny spare had gone into buying it and insuring it (comp! cost almost as much as the car!) and taxing it and running it. After 3 lovely months of running around, it broke down with the lumpy engine, and that has seen it sat on my parents' driveway ever since. Added to this my third year of my degree is in the US, I need to get it off my hands. I could better use the money toward my flight out than having an expensive paperweight on my parents' driveway.

As such it's SORN, and its MOT ran out earlier this month.

I understand this might sound like a bit of a scam, seller with few posts, leaving the country. I'm happy to show acceptance letters, visas, etc, to anyone coming to buy, so it's clear I'm for real.

The car does have residual worth based on what they sell for, its decent quality other than those issues mentioned. However I just want shot of it. If someone will offer me £300 to come and get it and take it off my hands, I'll be happy enough. Obviously as it's not yet fixed, and not MOTd or taxed, this means you'll need to make arrangements to get it wherever, and naturally I can't take it to meet you part-way to look it over.

Original message below:

As per title. Picture here: http://twitpic.com/441oh3/full

Chassis fine. Electrics etc fine. Needs new exhaust as rear is blowing. Needs new battery.

Engine runs, but lumpy - Suspect this issue with mass airflow meter (throttle body), replacements available from 2.2l vauxhall owners site, ported and polished for about £60. Already got brand new plugs in so not related to them.

Would suit for a fixer-upper (yes, really). Happy for it to be visited and seen/heard running and go away to think about it.

No tax (expired end of Jan, now SORN), MOT until June.

Paid £1400 for it and it ran beautifully until the lumpy issue began. Given the bits that'll need fixing for MOT (exhaust), and the bit of engine tinkering, and that I want to move it on, looking for £800 ovno.

The car is in North Lincs. You'll need to visit it rather than it come even halfway to you due to running issues and being SORN.

email me
[email protected] if interested, to arrange to see.

(fwiw the reason I'm selling - I'm a full time mature student and I can't afford to have someone investigate and fix whilst it's on my parents' driveway and I'm off at uni... and seeing as I'm leaving the UK in August for a year, I might as well let it go now rather than later).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pictures of the car as/when I bought it. I ran it for 3 months before the problem put it stationary. Apart from the end bit off the muffler missing and the rust on that part becoming more apparent, and the road dirt of my final journey to the isle of wight, it's representative.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts