Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping that someone would be able to help me out here. I have a vectra 2.0 GLS auto. Seems to run fine eventhough the engine has a slight thumping noise especially when cold.

:rolleyes: My main concern at the moment is my gearbox as it seems to be in nutral when i go to move off. When driving or slowing down it is fine but once i stop at the lights or for any period of over 2-3 seconds it tends to idle. When i take my foot of the brake it does not move, when i accelarate it stays idle then suddenly kicks in causing the car to jerk. I have had this problem for about 3 weeks now but getting worse. Had been putting it into N when stopped and back into D when I go to move off. But even this is now becoming no good as I can feel somekind of roughness/abnormal feel to the gearbox.

I had checked the transmission fluid and it is a kind of grey/brown colour so no doubt needs changing. Would this be the main cause of the problem or is there more to it than meets the eye.?

LOL sorry for going on but find it easier to explain as much as I can in one go.

Any of you good people have any advice or similar experience?

·
Registered
56 Posts
my auto box on my 2ltr cav was playing up last week, it went into safe mode and the s light was flashing, the gearbox oil was a browny colour so that had to be changed. i thought do the obvious first and go from there,luckily it was the oil and now its working fine. i also disconnected the battery for a while to clear any codes, so i would suggest changing the oil first it could be watery plus that is the cheapest option.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great,

Thanks I will do that anyway today. Fingers crossed thats all it is. Hope it wont be like my Honda accord and actually work as the gearbox blew not long after the transmission fluid change.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
56 Posts
saying what i said earlier,went out to my car this morning and yes the s light started flashing again,did a code check and its come up as the selector switch fault. if i turn it off and start again it goes off and i have kickdown again. so i will have to try and get a switch.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Done the fluid change and seems to be running better though still a slight jerk. Does run smoother though. Hopefully that is it, fingers crossed! I dont know what you car is like but mine is awkward to get at things and tight to move your hands around.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts