Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi M8's nice Forum btw :Cool2:
Anyway enough about me lol, I have a friend who owns a 2.0 DTi Veccy, he doesent know much about cars,But has spent a load of cash trying to get rid of a constant thumping noise from the front end.
new droplinks,wishbones,anti-roll bar bushes etc etc. It happens in all gears at all speeds, At first i thought it was a diff problem but the fault is still there when free-wheeling. Its the same noise you would get from a slack front wheel but both front wheels are tight and dont seem to have any apparent wheel play or bearing noise,But thats only my opinion having had both wheels off the ground.
Is it Possible that it is a wheel bearing and is only noticable when the car is on the ground on its own weight ?.
If it helps,The noise is more prominent when steering to the right.
thanks
Johnny (s.lanarkshire Scotland)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Another thing......Dont buy a Laguna DTi, You have probably noticed that I have one by my profile, Well its snapped to timing belts already costing a fortune and now the crankshaft sprocket has decided to shear its Cr*ppy casted woodruff key resulting in yet another overhaul.....NOT THIS TIME,, New engine then punted lol.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts