Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks at my wits end and would appreciate all the help i could get on this matter as this car has gave me nothing but grief since i have owned it. After spending 10 months on the car and a major service from Vaux it was working beautifully for FOUR DAYS! Then one day i came out started the car and drove away to find the acceleration was dangerously slow!

The car had, had all filters replaced due to service.

In the time i have owned it, i have repleced;

* EGR Valve
* ICV
* Lambda Sensor
* Crank Sensor

Took it to my mechanic who is totally confused by it aswell, although he has ruled out the catalytic converter being the problem. He has also said that the coil pack, timing and head are all ok!

ANY advice appreciated!

Cheers
Nathan

·
97% Mechanic
6,644 Posts
any eml light?

is your exhaust ok, i mean if you bang it with your hand, it doesnt rattle surggesting knackerd baffles which can block the exhaust causing above problems

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey cheers for the reply. Exhaust is fine, not rattling about and no blockages and there is no EML light on. The annoying thinkg is that the car starts first time every time but runs terribly!

Nath

·
Registered
54 Posts
could be sticky valves. the way to repair this was to remove cyl head and have the valve stems reemed. alternatly you could put an engine oil flush in with your oil and add a fuel line cleaner into the fuel tank. give the car a good run down a bypass with high revs. after that change oil and filter and see how it goes. note i say it could be.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Again mate cheers but ive also done this and it has had no effect! Thinking it may be time for the car park in the sky for it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts