Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all thinking of selling my 2000 Veccy x reg exceptionally good condition 65000 fsh 1.8ls photos and docs to prove. I have had a look in the trader I think the price should be around 2600/2700. Am I on the right lines or miles away I need a smaller car so would like a quick sale.

jtk

·
Registered
240 Posts
According to Parker's car prices....
A 1.8Ls with 50K in good cond private sale - £2830
So you're pretty much on the right lines

·
Registered
32 Posts
belmont31b said:
According to Parker's car prices....
A 1.8Ls with 50K in good cond private sale - £2830
So you're pretty much on the right lines
My dad looked at trading his in on a slightly used Signum on finance, they told him they'd give him £1900 for it. He took the alloys off and put it in the Autotrader for £2,500 and got no bites for it. In the end he decided to keep it, it's a 99 T, 1.8LS, silver, had about 64k when he went for a trade in. Decided to keep the Veccy in the end because of the low resale, he paid £4100 for it in April 04.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Dealers will always offer you less than the true value coz of course they want to make a profit, it's always best, I have found, to try to sell privately, but then it depends if anyone out there wants what you are selling!
Another way around things, JTK, is to maybe look out for a straight swap?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help the problem is I Have bought a smaller car so trade is not possible. The price of £2830 is great but I will try about £2500 for quick sale as service is due. Not giving up on Vauxhall just yet just need a break from the prices.

jtk

·
Premium Member
1,811 Posts
[thread hijack]

on same topic - my sister is wanting to sell her '02 Plate, Silver, Vectra, 1.8 "Club", petrol, c.31,000 miles - good condition and all that....
4 new tyres recently and aftermarket CD player and steering wheel controls.

{this is all the info I have at the mo'}

dont have access to parkers or such like currently - anyone have a rough idea?

[/thread hi-jack]

cheers,:Cool2:

·
VIP Gestapo
1,341 Posts
My 98 (S) V6 cost me 1250 with 63k on clock :)

Remarkably little wrong with it, but no service history so spent 540 on a full service, new cambelts, sparks, front brakes and rewelding the front of the exhaust (slight blow from front).

MOT isn't till October so I reckon I didn't do too badly considering some of the stories on here (missing fault bulbs, disconnected switches etc).

Fuel economy is a lot better than expected as well, trip to work is averaging around 35 mpg.

·
Registered
52 Posts
We bought our 1.8 Envoy estate for £2.2k from the mrs uncle. '98 R with 43k on the clock, just had MOT and cam belt done. Quietly pleased with it (but miss the V6 power/noise of my Cav)

·
Registered
155 Posts
just picked up my first vectra for 100.00, the bloke wanted rid because it needed work.

2 front tyres
rear wiper need bolting back on
bulb behind dash out
needed a good clean and polish, badly faded red
handbrake adjusting
apart from that 85k, with 3m tax and mot. bargain or what!!

·
VIP Gestapo
1,341 Posts
The pre 97 vectras do have a very bad rep. So long as there's no more work needed to get the car through it's next mot you've got a pretty good bargain there. Do you know when the last service was and if so if the cam belt was changed? There's a good possibility the cam belt will need doing and if it's not been done since the 40k service you should get it done asap without fail.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts