Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have just brought my fist vec love it to bits the only problem is when driving with either driver window or passagers window part open , you get a creaking sound coming from the windows :(

has anyone else had these problems , if so any cure??????????????

cheers

adam

·
Still proud to be a
4,111 Posts
Yeah i get that too, havent found exactly where its comming from yet, it tends to stop if you move the window a little with your hand once its in position.

just a quick tip:
If you find your windows a bit reluctant to move near the top, the window guides will probably need lubricating, i use silicone fluid stuff to make drawes slide easier, some use pledge or similar.
Made my windows work so much faster and smoother but didnt help the creaking :p

·
Registered
4 Posts
Same here. I get a creaking/rattling from my front passenger window when partly down. Checked inside door for anything loose ... couldn't find anything though.
Still a mystery to me!

·
Registered
6 Posts
i had the same prob and left it untill the window oppened but on the piss so i took it to the garage and they said that the arms that open the window had got abit dry so they greased them up and so far had no probs wiv it but now the drivers side has started so looks like i will be buying a pot of grease
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.