Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
VxON Overlord
8,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just so you guys know, I haven't forgotten about them (I said after getting 100 members, been waiting for a call back for a while).

I am currently in talks with the VBOA Secretary, I am pushing to try and get invited to give them a presentation on the 14th of May, to see if we can get accepted for membership.

I've gone through the guidelines and we meet most of them, myself and Marc are working on a decent way of offering non-internet membership to ensure we fit the criteria 100%.

Will let you know of any updates.

Dave.

·
VxON's only German Shepherd
6,939 Posts
First I've heard of us going for VBOA membership. But sounds damned good shows how far we've come as a club in umm 6 months?

·
Likes this.
11,154 Posts
Vauxhall Bedford Opel Association - THEE big Vaux "club", backed by Vauxhall themselves.

It's the VBOA that organise the massive show at Billing every year.

Good news Dave, good luck with it all. One definate benefit with VBOA affiliation is the trade-club membership :Cool2:

·
Premium Member
1,811 Posts
goonas-uk said:
Vauxhall Bedford Opel Association
okey dokey

suppose a few minutes of thought and I might have worked it out.... then again, maybe not.

atleast now I know :Cool2:

SteveW
One definate benefit with VBOA affiliation is the trade-club membership
- that sounds good already!!

·
Likes this.
11,154 Posts
PVO_Dave said:
I've gone through the guidelines and we meet most of them, myself and Marc are working on a decent way of offering non-internet membership to ensure we fit the criteria 100%.
I'm confused by all this. I always thought that VBOA weren't keen on internet only clubs, yet Mig now only accept online members. They don't provide any facility for potential members with no internet access.

Suppose because they did before they became VBOA members that it doesn't matter.....

·
VxON Overlord
8,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SteveW said:
I'm confused by all this. I always thought that VBOA weren't keen on internet only clubs, yet Mig now only accept online members. They don't provide any facility for potential members with no internet access.

Suppose because they did before they became VBOA members that it doesn't matter.....
They will probably have to accept them again when there membership is due....

One of the guidlines is no internet only clubs!

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
What advanages of being affilaited with VBOA will we get?

And does the community itself have to do anything?

·
VXON SirTalkalot
4,635 Posts
if a club like this one is based on the internet, how does a non internet user view how2`s etc????

·
VxON's only German Shepherd
6,939 Posts
Snail said:
if a club like this one is based on the internet, how does a non internet user view how2`s etc????
How about you can join the club as normal, get the sticker and the welcome pack and all and then for a fee of £3000 PVO will print off every thread and mail it to ya? Otherwise you could spend the £3k on getting a computer and internet :)

·
VxON Overlord
8,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LSI said:
What advanages of being affilaited with VBOA will we get?

And does the community itself have to do anything?
Certain shows like Billing are VBOA only, it's pretty much the biggest Vaux event of the year, so a good thing to be part of :)

Snail said:
How 2's are not part of the club membership they are free for internet users as part of the forums.

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
So anyone can go to VBOA.... but only affiliated clubs can have a stand you mean?

·
VxON Overlord
8,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
just pruned some of this crap out....

I have now been invited down to Luton to do a presentation to the VBOA to see if we can join ;)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.