Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Yawn.
13,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, after the complete washout that was VBOA Billing 2012, we couldn't have had such a completely different weekend for this years event!

Scorching hot temperatures, plenty of sunshine and a full 3 days attendance!

However, on the downside, we had the WORST turnout ever experienced by VxON at this event. This is somewhat disappointing, and a little depressing. We hope it was just a one off and that future events draw larger attendance. If not, then a re-evaluation of what we do as a club will be required, as the attendance seen this weekend isn't atall sustainable.

Anyway, moving on...

Friday;
Alex arrived on site in the late morning, and proceeded to wait for the arrival of Mark & myself. We had stopped via Costco in Bristol to do the food shopping as normal. Slightly less stuff than normal meant we could fit it between our 2 vehicles with ease. We set off and gently cruised up to Northampton, arriving at around 1.30pm and immediately proceeding to get on with setting up of the Gazebos etc. VauxMad_Kris was already on site, but staying in a Caravan this year due to the attendance of his young daughter for the first time! DAWN68 also popped over later in the evening to introduce herself & Phil better than the brief encounter last year. jps1 with Rachel, daughter Charlotte & the Boxer Bruce also arrived in the evening. That was about it for the first night, only a handful.
We had the standard amount of BBQ goodness provided by Alex as normal, and again as normal, he did a sterling job of sorting the food out. Thanks!
Some action was seen due to Mark bringing along a quantity of weapons that a true American ******* would have been proud of - 14 Nerf Guns with a few hundred darts. THis was genius, as it turns out 6y.o Charlotte can be pretty shy until she is pointing a Nerf Gun at you and warning you she is about to get you. Cue a good hour or more of Stand based warfare between a number of members!
The evening saw us get involved with JPs BBQ Bucket - almost offensive to Alex until it was understood that it was solely for the roasting of Marshmallows.

Saturday;
A moderately early start for most at around 7am ish. Hot already. Get the BBQ going for some breakfast Bacon. This saw the concoction of Marks special sauce marinade, which proved a hit, and would be used every time the BBQ was fired up afterwards. The day was fairly slow, with not a lot happening overall. A small waterfight occured in which Mark claimed victory after emptying a bottle of water over Rachel. This was later followed by 3 people trying to swap a Door Mirror on the Club Zafira, which was a little bit of a faff.
It was really hot today, as already said, the TOTAL opposite of last year. It was at the point of complaining that it was too hot. But after last year, it wasn't the right thing to do!
The evening saw the arrival of daz82 & his partner (really sorry but forgot her name - apologies!), shortly followed by himselfunknown and then by Matt-SRI & Jo, all within a 15min window!
We repeated the previous night and got the BBQ Bucket out to do more marshmallows. We were casually sat there when we heard a pop from the lamps and promptly saw one smoking - investigation found it to be half covered in baked, dead Craneflies and other insects, resulting in some overheating and a shattered lens. Exciting times.

Sunday;
Another earlyish start, more BBQ breakfast etc etc. A slightly cooler start that was very welcomed too, until the sun broke through! Today saw the arrival of long lost members Sy & Trish, who have found their way out of the Northern wilderness & back to civilisation. Today was spent wandering around the majority of the site taking in the cars on display. The VXR Sponsored Drag Car Red Victor 3 was present, and very impressive. Noisy too!
A few bits were bought by some at the Auto Jumble - not much though, as there wasn't a great deal around for the newer cars that were present on the stand.
VxON didn't participate in the Parade run due to poor turnout, and we didn't enter anything to the Chairmans Cup either. Some people suggested my Vectra, but I personally didn't want to, it is nowhere near a level where I would be happy to put it on that slight pedestal.
After all the VBOA programmed events had finished, the remaining members present all pitched in and helped to pack everything away - MANY thanks to those involved!

We also had a couple of visitors from other stands - GREYDJ, lowrider dave & blitz9994 - good to catch up with some other members!

And that was that; a fairly relaxed, if not a bit quiet, VBOA Rally.

I seriously hope that we can turn things around for the next one.

Pics to follow

·
Yawn.
13,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

IMG_3004 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3005 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3006 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3007 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3009 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3010 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3012 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3013 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3015 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3021 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3022 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3023 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3024 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3026 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3027 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3028 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3030 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3034 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3036 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3038 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3043 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3048 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3049 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3053 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3055 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3059 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3060 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3062 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3064 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3067 by djgritt, on Flickr

·
Yawn.
13,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

IMG_3068 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3069 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3071 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3072 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3074 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3076 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3077 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3079 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3083 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3091 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3093 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3094 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3099 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3104 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3107 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3108 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3109 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3111 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3112 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3115 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3118 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3119 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3123 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3124 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3127 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3129 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3132 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3134 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3136 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3135 by djgritt, on Flickr

·
Yawn.
13,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

IMG_3137 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3140 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3143 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3144 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3148 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3150 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3152 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3153 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3155 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3160 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3161 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3163 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3165 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3166 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3167 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3168 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3169 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3170 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3171 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3184 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3173 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3175 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3176 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3178 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3182 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_3188 by djgritt, on Flickr

·
Premium Member
5,299 Posts
some good pics there Dave, shame about the turn out, its the best show of the year, I should of been going to Billing myself but could not attend due to the wifes illness, one thing is for sure I WILL be there next year without a doubt

·
oooooooppps's .... :)
1,659 Posts
Some great pics as always dave :) sorry to hear about the turnout tho, will be hopefully coming next year to help the numbers ;-)

·
Respect mah authoritah!
4,994 Posts
Was a great weekend and lovely to catch up with familiar faces and a couple of people I haven't met before. Hopefully next year will have a better turn out, but I think two things have conspired against things was the lack of reliability in the weather we had this year and the sudden heat wave.

·
if in doubt flat out
63 Posts
Sorry I couldn't get there this year I will defo be there next year with my new arrival Alfie born on Saturday at 3.45pm so hopefully see u all soon

1 - 16 of 16 Posts