Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wonder if anyone could offer some advice please. This will now be the forth time my van will be going back to dealer for this same fault! What makes matters worse is they don’t offer me a hire van, will offer a car but I must sign to say I won’t carry any tools!! Totally unacceptable as this is costing me a lot of lost earnings now. To start at the beginning... the van is a 2017 plate, I bought her at 6 months old pre registered so it was still brand new with around 5 miles on the clock. I have always carried out my own maintenance on my vehicles, so when my van got to 5000 miles I was carrying out an oil change, I noticed when removing the splash guard that their was noticeable wet oil on the pad. At this stage the van went back to Peter Vardy at which point they told me, yes, there is a leak and we will need the van for around 4-5 days. 1.5 days after handing it in I was called to say it’s ready, I heavily questioned this to which I was assured it was repaired. After a while I decided to check again, sure enough still a leak! It actually looked like they had just put some silicone all over any exposed parts! Back she went again and then same thing happened! At this point I called another Vauxhall dealer and explained my situation , van went to them and they confirmed, yes, there is an oil leak. They took the van for 4 days. I am now at a point of this happening again! The last time I removed the splash guard I dried everything the best I could just to make sure it wasn’t anything left over. Now it’s wet again and I am losing oil, it’s not much at all but that’s not really the point. My van is out of warranty this June and I feel there possibly could be something more serious than just the crank cover they are always telling me it is!
Sorry for long post, I’m at my wits end with this. Van has got 28K on the clock . I will post a link to the video I took. It’s not great but best I can do, it also looks like I have a missing bolt!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Have you had the van serviced by a dealer to keep the warranty if so take it back to them as they will have had the splash guard of to service

1 - 2 of 2 Posts