Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vauxhall vivaro 2015 coolant leak I've had a coolant leak for a while but still not right first told it was a hose then told it was head gasket had that all done recently seem to have improved but header tank is drinking

about 10 mm to every 100 miles driven, had all the checks done pressure tested ,visual checks no water in oil don't know what to do next

·
Registered
153 Posts
You mightexpect some coolant loss from expansion. How much are we talking of? Once lost, does the water level stay constant?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Could be a very fine pin hole in the rad. Sometimes this manifests itself when driving and because loss is slow it goes unnoticed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You mightexpect some coolant loss from expansion. How much are we talking of? Once lost, does the water level stay constant?
Hi level keeps dropping about 10mm every 100 miles I've checked everywhere no external leaks no smell of antifreeze no stains any advice much apperciated

·
Registered
254 Posts
Shane I'm fairly sure there's a UV dye you can get to put in the coolant. Find somewhere that offers that service (most garages I would expect since the lamp is cheap) and check where it's going. If it's not external then you prolly know what comes next.......

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Shane I'm fairly sure there's a UV dye you can get to put in the coolant. Find somewhere that offers that service (most garages I would expect since the lamp is cheap) and check where it's going. If it's not external then you prolly know what comes next.......
Hi thanks I'll try that can't be head gasket as just had head skimmed and new head gasket done many thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts