Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

Vauxhall Vivaro c fuse box

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Conrod 
#1 ·
How the hell do you get to the fuses in the cab I’ve removed the cover as it says in the hand book but access is so limited and the fuse box behind the first one impossible to get to I’m trying to fit a dash cam and the camera needs a switched live and a constant live for parking mode am I missing something as it seems practical impossible with out removing the dash

#2 ·
Apologies for reviving this two year old thread, but I have exactly the same question! Whoever decided to bury the in-cabin fusebox behind a jungle of cables was either an idiot or a sadist - or possibly both! :mad::)

As the OP said, access to the fuses themselves is impossible - I too am searching for a switched live for a reversing camera, but at this rate I can see me having to tap into the 12v power socket wiring! But there's still the issue of what to do if ever I need to change a blown fuse in future!

Has anyone subsequently found a solution to this?

Thanks,

Alan

#3 ·
Answering my own question! Accessing the fuses is made a lot easier if you carefully cut off the various large manufacturing labels on the cables using a pair of blunt nosed scissors, and also carefully cut back some of the Tesa wiring harness tape holding the various groups of cables to each other to give more "wriggle room". The large relays are attached using rubber mountings, so there's hopefully a way of unclipping them, though I couldn't quite see how yesterday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.