Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI I CANT SEEM TO LOCATE WHERE THE BODY CONTROL MODULE IS? DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE ITS LOCATED? THANKS

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Danny I have a 2008 Vivaro, the bcm on that van is roughly to the right of the steering wheel, take off the plastic cover below the speedo look to the right of the steering wheel you will see a flat box that looks like it's covered in a plastic bag my one has 2 multi pin plugs going in, one oblong white and one square black. apparently they are famous for having coffee spilled on them causing them to fail. if this is the one i can tell you how I got mine out please send me a message if neemed. M

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi kpm no not the diagnostic plug if you look between the speedo etc and the steering wheel there is a plastic cover that pulls off, you should be able to see to the right of the steering column where the BCM is, it's covered in a plastic bag. If you need to get it out Hayes describe talking off the fascia to get access, but I was told the bottom half of the plastic fascia where the diagnostic plug is under the steering column is sonic welded to the main part of the fascia and can be prized off then super glued back on when you replace or repair the bcm. this does sound brutal but it depends how much time you want to spend talking it apart there is also a security bracket riveted around the bcm witch has to be cut/drilled off before you can get the wiring plug off, it's all good fun and skint knuckles. there are ads on ebay for cloning bcm's witch save you buying new keys locks etc. hope this is some help M.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi kpm no not the diagnostic plug if you look between the speedo etc and the steering wheel there is a plastic cover that pulls off, you should be able to see to the right of the steering column where the BCM is, it's covered in a plastic bag. If you need to get it out Hayes describe talking off the fascia to get access, but I was told the bottom half of the plastic fascia where the diagnostic plug is under the steering column is sonic welded to the main part of the fascia and can be prized off then super glued back on when you replace or repair the bcm. this does sound brutal but it depends how much time you want to spend talking it apart there is also a security bracket riveted around the bcm witch has to be cut/drilled off before you can get the wiring plug off, it's all good fun and skint knuckles. there are ads on ebay for cloning bcm's witch save you buying new keys locks etc. hope this is some help M.
Hi im new to this forum and i hope you don’t mind me asking a question?

my BCM on my 2013 Vivaro recently melted causing a electrical fire from under my dash, i located it and cut the loom back, soldier in a new BCM plug (not the easiest job) and fitted a second hand BCM. I've now got everything working again ie wipers, electric windows indicators etc but the van wont start. Can you tell me if i can get it coded or will i have to buy a second hand matching ECU, BCM and Key? Also would i need the speedo assembly??

Cheers

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had to get my data transferred as the immobilizer is on the bcm, make sure the bcm is the same version as was in your van, you can find this service on well known internet auction site try searching for, vivaro body control module repair or Renault Trafic/vivaro/Nissan primastar/UCH body control module data transfer. prices vary a bit but this should get you sorted good luck M.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts