Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Vectra diesel 2000 LS.

I wish to replace the gear box which has lost all the gears - had to push the thing home.
The gear box selector is fine but there is a noise coming from the gearbox, and I cannot select any gears.

Any help in sorting out the problem or how I can change the gear box please.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Paul Dillow said:
I have a Vectra diesel 2000 LS.

I wish to replace the gear box which has lost all the gears - had to push the thing home.
The gear box selector is fine but there is a noise coming from the gearbox, and I cannot select any gears.

Any help in sorting out the problem or how I can change the gear box please.
to remove the gearbox it's eather drop the engine subframe for the bottom or remove the whole engine and geargox from the top, neather is a nice job. took me and a mate about 14hours to do and that was with garage ramps avalible. god i'm glad the cav's easyer to work on:bananasmi

·
Registered
9 Posts
I need to replace 2.5 engine in my vectra. I would like to leave the gearbox inside. Is there any way to do it or do I have to take it out together?
I cant drop it with subframe so will have to take from the top.
Is there any guide or tips on how to do it?

·
Registered
246 Posts
to be honest after doing a few of these, theres no margin in taking out one without the other - just do it and be shut of it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
What do you think is the easier to do : top (engine and gearbox) or bottom (with subframe).
Now I think it might be easier to drop it down, but I am not sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts