Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i have a prob with my sintra ,when im in traffic the tempt gauge goes up , its fine while im travelling but when i stop at my destination the water pours out of the top of my filler bottle and my heater is not very warm , wat could be causing this is it some kind ov pressure problem

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
hi i have a prob with my sintra ,when im in traffic the tempt gauge goes up , its fine while im travelling but when i stop at my destination the water pours out of the top of my filler bottle and my heater is not very warm , wat could be causing this is it some kind ov pressure problem
It might be a faulty thermostat? or it might be the head gasket? find a local garage who have the equipment to do a simple test on the coolant to detect if there are any exhaust gases to confirm or eliminate headgasket failure.

Good luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i thought it might be the head gasket , but its only happened since i put anti freeze in my bottle, there is bubbling wen i stop and water pours out ,ty for your replyit was much appreciated

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
i thought it might be the head gasket , but its only happened since i put anti freeze in my bottle, there is bubbling wen i stop and water pours out ,ty for your replyit was much appreciated
Ok now you have said that and also you said previously the heater is cold. Then maybe you have an airlock which is causing the problem?

Try topping up the coolant let it run up to temperature and then leave it to cool down without the header tank cap off. by which time the coolant level may well have dropped again top it up again replace the header tank cap and see what happens.

I have heard many stories over the years how adding antifreze causes premature head gasket failures and radiator hoses to burst. Can say as that I have ever been particulary convinced and would put such things down to coincidence.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just done wat u sed there seems loads of air in it but its coming from the pipe that comes from thermo so u cud that be sticking or blocked ,i mean the pipe from thermo thats goes to water tank

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.