Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Omega P Reg sorry no idear on the date.

Its one with the CD multi Changer in the Boot of the car nothing fancy just standard.

My problem is that the radio died and when i pulled the radio out the 10 amp fuse at the back of the radio was blown, So I have replaced the Fuse replugged back in and turned on and reentered the code, But I am now getting no sound output from any of the speakers.

I have tried a new Radio that i know work in it and the same thing happens, radio powers up ok but yet againg no audio output.

When i try to measure the ohms at the connector of the wireing loom I get nothing but checking directly on the speakers looks like the speakers are good.

Is there anything between the speakers and the connector of the loom that could have died ?

Any help greatly needed, driveing without any radio is driveing me nuts.

·
aka wallop
945 Posts
some omegas have a seperate amp, so the signal path is,

headunit to amp---amp to speakers.

sounds to me like either the amp has blown,(as the result or cause of the headunit fuse blowing), or the amp is fine and the headunits output stage is goosed....i know you've tried a second headunit, but is it the correct one???(a stock headunit out another car may have full power output for direct connection to speakers which would overload the amp in yours causing it to trip out)...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The socket at the back of the Radio is Fine and makes a good connection.
Have checked all the fuses below the stearing wheel nothing blown there.

If there is a amp where about would it be located or maybe a relay switch ?

There seems to be no longer any power to the cd changer in the boot (which i have removed now)

·
aka wallop
945 Posts
tbh i'm not sure, i've never needed to strip one down...

on cav's the easiest way to gain access is to remove the glovebox, ask for info on this in the omega section,(search first, it may have been covered before)...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts