Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,113 Posts
yes it is modified induction, at the very least, thats why they are refusing to pay out, you need to get in contact with vauxhall dealer ya bought it from, if no joy there, try there customer services.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Yh been to dealer but they said if they have any modify parts they remove it and put standard Vauxhall parts. And they have no info as its been 2 nad half years since I bought the car.
I ve been in touch with their customer services as well and they are asked for for pictures and I ve sent and they said they will contact withing 48 hours, 3 hours left so will wait and than will chase it up with them.

Vauxhall have missold me the car as they haven't checkedyhe car I guess so they don't want to help me.

I am thinking to get in touch the previous owner as I got his details on my log book. I dont know if he is going to help tho?

I don't know what else to do.

·
Super Moderator
12,113 Posts
give customer service the time to call back, if they dont ring back in the time they said, you ring them back, cant tell ya what to say cos i wouldn,t be happy over it either.
nothing to do with the last owner, so i wouldn,t bother them,
maybe a call to citizens advice, if ya have no joy with customer service.

·
Likes this.
10,758 Posts
So they have no info as it's been over two years since you bought the car, but they said this to you initially.....

My claim is still on hold. I've been to Vauxhall where I bought the car from and they ve asked me to email the managers and I have received a reply today from the manager and he said
"I have reviewed our paperwork and we cannot see any information that would lead us to believe that the vehicle had any form of modifications other than to the rear boot spoiler, wing mirrors and the front bumper grills which had been painted a different colour. On speaking with our Used Car Manager he has made me aware that you were aware of these changes".
That's a contradiction there. How can he have reviewed the paperwork if they have no information????

I asked before, but I don't suppose you have old photos of the engine bay from when you bought the car?

I'm not sure how you can proceed from here without a fair bit of hassle I'm afraid. The insurance company aren't happy and I don't really know how someone can prove that something WASN'T fitted by them since buying the car, it's a difficult one :(

·
Likes this.
10,758 Posts
give customer service the time to call back, if they dont ring back in the time they said, you ring them back, cant tell ya what to say cos i wouldn,t be happy over it either.
nothing to do with the last owner, so i wouldn,t bother them,
maybe a call to citizens advice, if ya have no joy with customer service.
Andy makes a good suggestion there about Citizen's Advice. Might be worth a call, or the insurance ombudsman maybe to see what you can do?

41 - 47 of 47 Posts