Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

I recently took delivery of 2016 Insignia Elite Nav. The car is awesome but I have one worry about the car. When I'm driving at night people are flashing at me even though my lights are dipped. When you put them on full beam you don't see much of a difference. Also makes no difference between auto mode and manual. The car has Adaptive forward lighting as standard. My last car you could adjust the beam length but on this you cant. Can someone please advise me on this that im not blinding other road users or what can be done?

Thanks in advance for your help

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the same car & lights and the same 'feature'. Park the car in front of a wall, or a garage door, at night with dipped beams and you'll see a very steep rising angle of light on your left. This is great for illuminating the nearside kerb (and the verge and the hedge and the trees) but it also means that you can blind drivers to your left on a dual carriageway. Also, when driving around left hand bends, your wonderful 'nearside' illumination strays into the path of oncoming traffic.

When you switch the ignition on, these headlights self level (or they should) and the easiest way to check their alignment is to drive behind another car at night. The top of your dipped beam shouldn't be higher than the waist of the car in front - assuming straight road, no bumps, no potholes (ha!).

·
Premium Member
663 Posts
Care to name and shame?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im not naming and shaming as I respect the people who run the business. They have great customer service and this is my second car from them. Thanks everyone for the help

1 - 11 of 11 Posts