Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have an issue with my cooling fan on my 1.8 Insignia SRI.
It comes on as soon as I start it up from cold, NO ECU light come on, just says "service vehicle soon".
I have changed temperature sensor on thermostat housing but still the car is doing it. I have put my Foxwell obd scanner and no fault codes coming up on a stationary or running test.
Could it be the other sensor on radiator or could it be thermostat?
Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
3,824 Posts
I'm not familiar with Insignias, but, if there is a sensor on the radiator, that usually used to be the one that controlled the fan.
However, on these modern cars, it's rarely that simple.
The "service vehicle soon" is actually telling you there is a fault (not that the car needs a service), and it's likely your scanner is not fully compatible with your car, so you can't see all the codes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes you are right the SVS is another form of ECU warning but by all of accounts after reading other Insignia owner forums, VERY rarely does the thermostats both at the top ( I.e the thermostat housing by the battery) or the radiator temp sensor ( at bottom), bring on any ECU lights. So it's highly unlikely any scanner whether it be mine or a Vauxhall obd etc etc.. will pick it up. It needs an ohms meter so I've been told, as the temperature sensors work differently.

·
Worn Out Member
8,947 Posts
Fan on permanent is just as likely to be the thermostat heater gone open circuit,
it's likely to be a manufacturer specific code which an obd reader may well not be able to read

1 - 4 of 4 Posts