Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
12,710 Posts
Just had the same email.
I paid just £200 for my cambelt change on one of their fixed price offers which was a bargain considering the kit was close to £80 on its own at the time.

·
Premium Member
14,091 Posts
The fixed price offers don't usually inc the water pump. That's when they tend to bump up their prices. Not a bad deal for the cambelt only though.
I had my cambelt kit, water pump and alt belt done a few months ago on my 2.0cdti by a trusted independent for £300 all in.

·
12,710 Posts
They ripped me off for an additional £112 for the water pump which I mistakenly thought was driven by the cam belt.

·
12,710 Posts
1.7 CDTI

·
VXON's middle-aged lesbian.
28,731 Posts
What are they charging for a cambelt and water pump change on an Astra VXR? Or do I need to ring them for a quote.

·
Premium Member
14,091 Posts
What are they charging for a cambelt and water pump change on an Astra VXR? Or do I need to ring them for a quote.
I can't see any specific prices for a VXR, doubt they'll be cheap though with a water pump. Maybe better using a trusted independent, as I did. Then they also guarantee the whole job, rather than you supplying them the parts.

·
VXON's middle-aged lesbian.
28,731 Posts
Maybe better using a trusted independent, as I did. Then they also guarantee the whole job, rather than you supplying them the parts.
Oh bloody hell yeah, I've never had anything like that done at a dealer in my life. Was just curious.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts