Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

21 - 40 of 756 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
are you pressing the brake and acceleration down to the floor and waiting till all the dash lights glow up then the car with the spanner should light up ?
yes i have pressed both brake and accelerator at once. Then put key in, then all lights come on including spanner light, then the only thing that happens is the glowplug light goes off.
I am pressing brake as hard as i can. and accelerator all the was to floor.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Are the error codes posted upto date as far as a 2001 Zafira Club 1.6i is concerned, as i have just got stored codes off my zafira and want to make sure i have correct meanings for fault codes i have.

·
Registered
10 Posts
can anyone help - i am going to try the above method but just thought id ask for ideas.
I have a vauxhall movano and it has been driving in limp mode for some time. I have been trying to figure the problem (i have tried the EGR valve and air flow meter and the van doesnt have either of these)
I recently got in the van and while driving the STOP light came on in the dash. as i then drove home the van lost all power - acceleration and indicators etc. It regained enough power to drive onto my drive where it died. I have tried charging the battery but this hasnt worked.

Any ideas what i could try?
Please HELP

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just bought a mk4 astra 1.6 8v. I drove it for 2 weeks fine all of a sudden it started going into limp home mode. I done the fault test and it gave me 4 codes.

P1120, P1122, P1550 and P0230

Its booked in to get fixed next tuesday but does anyone know of anything I can do myself to try and keep cost down because I've a feeling its gonna be expensive.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi All,
I have Astra 1.7DTi 2001 and when i bought it it had the car with the spanner light on it but it runs perfect i tryed the brake and accelerator test and it flashes 1 then 10 then 1 then 5 then 1 then 6 then 1 then 4 could anyone help me with this code it just bugs me that the light is on all the time.
Any help would be gratefully received.
Drive Safe
Steve

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi
I have a 05 astra 1.7 ctdi, the engine management ligt and emissions light keeps coming on. The car has been in teh garage 4 times each time the light will stay off for a week but then come back on. I did the pedal test and the code I got was ECN 140007? Could anyone tell what this is?
Thanks all

·
Registered
3 Posts
Corsa C

Car keeps cutting out, at first it felt like i was stalling, but then it started to happen more frequently and the engine management light started to come on before it happened. the oil light has also started to flash sometimes. the car is cutting out and sometimes losing all power as i press the accelerator, the RPM was dropping, i had to go into 2nd gear and put the accelerator to the floor just to keep the car moving at around 10/15 mph on a 30mph road.
Codes coming up are
Have changed the camshaft sensor and also the oil switch to try and fix the oil light problem but car still isnt running. currently can not drive the car because it does not get 100 yards before cutting out and it struggles to start again
any suggestions?

·
Registered
62 Posts
VECTRA B [95-01]

Hi I have Just one fault code on a Vectra B 2L any ideas what it means please
P1690 Telltale (Check Light) Voltage High C-37
P1690 Telltale (Check Light) Voltage Low C-37

Car been running fine around town but has big trouble over 50 mph, it has lots of trouble going any faster, foot to the floor and it has no power what so ever, and today it broke down !! it just cut out in town, it started ok but just keeps cutting out right away, done this about 15 times then it started and it was fine again.
think it would have had more fault codes, but I had the manifold welded a few days back and earth had to come off, thought it might run better after welding but it didnt :-(

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all,

sorry for butting in here, but looking for any insight available.

Got a 2001 Bertone 1.8 with about 86k on the clock.

Previously it was running like a tired old mule, losing power, spluttering, idling etc. I did the pedal test and got the codes. From that I got the throttle body and MAF cleaned/replaced and the management light went off and the car seemed to be running very well.

About a week after this, I was crusing on the motorway and the EM light came back on. Codes 0420 and 0170 now coming back which I think relate to the cat and the exhuast emissions. Car still seems to be running well.

Need to take the car from Glasgow to Manchester soon....losing confidence in it, even though it is running ok (worried it may start to lose power again with these codes). Anyone had experiences of these codes ?

Shocking state of affairs really - thinking of driving my girfriends car down instead..a V reg Laguna with 115k on the clock!

If anyone knows how major/minor these codes are can you giove me a shout. I appreciate it may not be clear cut, but let me know either way if yoou have any inisght?

Cheers
G

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just tried the pedal trick (twice) on a 1.9CDTI 11/2005 Opel Zafira and nothing flashed. I've just bought this car 2nd hand and it has an intermittent stutter when accelerating/going uphill and wanted to find out if there was any history of faults.

Just wanted to mention that for whatever reason, this trick doesn't work on this model.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have the same problem push down hard on the brake, push the accelerator to the floor (the pedal goes 3/4 of the way down then a bit of resistance then to the metal, auto box this might be kick down), key in ignition all dash lights that normally come up do there is the odd couple that go out coolant is one but no flashing lights, although I have an obd 2 and it shows no faults. I still like to know any tricks that are going, the car is a 2l 16v dti elegance auto estate with the Y20 DTH lump.

·
Registered
8 Posts
ECU problem

Hi
I do not know where to ask this question,
I have a zafira 2,00 dti.vauxhall say it is obd11 compliant.would that mean one of the cheaper readers would work.They say they will not on pre 2004 dti as they are not obd11 compliant this one has the right plug under the handbrake.
any ideas?
Hello i had the same problem with mine i got a replacement for £195 never had a problem again

The companies e-mail is: [email protected]
see if they can help

·
Registered
13 Posts
hi nosybonk.i did a pedal trick and found 9 codes stored,and its thanks to you putting these codes on here i now know what they are to do with on my 51 vectra b?(old shape) 1.8 petrol.....much appreciated thanks......

·
Registered
6 Posts
New to the forum as I have just bought an Astra 1.6 envoy just had the errors read and I get error 771 which in the book is "unknown trouble" anyone else come across this code?
Car drives just fine until you get to about 80mph then it misfires and the error lamp lights (flashing first then solid after a mile or so)

Any ideas?

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi,
very new to this so please bear with me. After recently changing my alternator etc on my 06 zafira i'm slightly weary of what else could go wrong with it. Because of this was wondering if anybody had any experience in dealing with fault code readers. i have found this one on ebay. is it worth buying????? any suggestions??? would all be greatly received.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Autel-MS309-Car-fault-code-reader-scanner-tool-OBD2-CAN-/150482451617?pt=UK_Diagnostic_Tools_Equipment

cheers guys
T x

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I've an astra 1.6 elite 2007, done the two pedal method all that happened everything flashed once.
I have'nt noticed any change in performance tried the turn ignition on and off 25 times, it cleared the light only for it to come back on after starting up again?
The car has been dealer serviced since new and the last being only 2 1/2 months ago.
Tottally baffled please help.

Ady

21 - 40 of 756 Posts