Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Great video clip Westy1600, I hadn`t seen that one before ;)

Amazing what you can find on the internet when you search :oops:, people buying PSA and streets littered with broken down vehicles with either engine or egc issues :rolleyes:.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Amazing what you can find on the internet when you search :oops:, people buying PSA and streets littered with broken down vehicles with either engine or egc issues :rolleyes:.
That is half the problem though. If you believe everything you read regarding reliability, you'd be walking! They can't be as bad as the reputation. Indeed the 308's and 305 I've owned were uber reliable.

I've owned loads of cars that folk have told me would be unreliable, my many Citroens being a case in point. In actual fact, they never missed a beat. Treated with a little respect, driven with some care, fluid levels checked before use and serviced on time....etc etc. Never had a problem, despite the warnings of impending doom! :LOL:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I think you are right Westy1600 you would end up walking if you believed everything you read.

Probably like yourself, I have owned some very dubious cars, not as in crooked or stolen but reputation wise. I have owned Skoda`s to Rover SD1`s. When I was first married I had a Citroen GS Club Estate and used to take my wife to work each morning about 4 miles outside town. Never failed to start and I recall one morning where it had snowed the night before and there was about 18 inches of snow on the roads. A lot of vehicles were getting stuck as they tried to follow in the wheel tracks of previous vehicles. I adjusted the ride height on the suspension to maximum on the Citroen and went straight through no problems (y). That old gal served me well until the suspension went causing the loss of use of my brakes too :oops:

As you mention, most cars will work efficiently and effectively as long as they are looked after and reasonably well maintained ;).

21 - 23 of 23 Posts