Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, my problem is a funny one, the model of radio is the Grundig 'CAR 200', and i have the radio pass in my handbook wallet, the thing is , when i switch the radio on (push the power button) it lights up as normal but on the display, where it tells you the radio station, frequency, etc, it goes blank!? I mean the LCD panel just doesnt display anything., the time and temperature are still there, just the middle part is blank. I'm puzzled! I've removed the radio and checked that the fuse in the back was ok, and it was, all the other connectors are fine. When the key is out of the ignition, the CODE led flashes every second, but when the key is put in and turned to the on postion, the blinking stops.. hmmmm. lol

I'm puzzled, but i'm sure someone out there has seen this issue before.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Right, i managed to get it working, lol the radio isnt displaying what it was doing or anything. Lol suspect the radio is knackered, though i managed to decode it without a display by using logical sense , now it works...well sort of, it will only play out of 1 speaker no matter how i adjust the settings . Ah well it will tide me over till i get some spare cash for the radio, but things like new tires are the first priority, then windscreen wipers. god i'm such a perfectionist at times!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.