Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hI, im a new user, anyway to the point, recently purchased an R reg Vauxhal Corsa 1.0 on the cheap. New that there was a chance that there was something wrong with it, but Im 18 this my first car and i figured that it would give me a chance to learn about the car etc if it did go on me.
sorry, sidetracked again!, anyway for first few days it drove beautifully but the other day the enigne cut out on me. I had slowed down and put my foot back on the accelarator and got no response the enigne was still ruinning but i wasnt going anywhere so as i was still rolling i pulled out of the way and as i was slowing down the enigne completely cut out. Its done this several times since and on the motorway twice when going in excess of 60 mph it is doing it more and more regularly and occurs now when pulling up at a junction or as i accelarate when moving off or after breaking. Sometimes it will start straight away opther times it takes around 10 minutes before it goes, the engine ticks over but wont start.

I have no idea what is wrong with it and was wondering if anyone could help, after reading round on here i thought it might be the Egr but had a look and that new and has been replaced recently obvoyusly by a previous owner who was having the same problem, any help would be greatly appreciated, sorry if its a bit incomprehensible i had to type this quick before work.
Cheers

·
VXon Frontera Monkey
9,882 Posts
Hi there's a whole multitude of things to replace from cam/crank sensor to temp sensor its just a case of working your way through and reading previous post's for similar problems
regards
Steve

·
Premium Member
861 Posts
Did the engine management light come on when the faults occur?

NickT.

ps common fault of this engine is a crank sensor.

·
Registered
71 Posts
my son had the same problem i was told the cheapest way to stop it happening was to try the throttle housing (taking it off and cleaning it out with carburettor cleaner this did the trick for me . as i took the air inlet off you could see the whole inside was black )hope this is of some use to you as its not happened since

1 - 5 of 5 Posts