·
Team Griffin
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vauxhall Cavalier 2.5 V6 94' - Manual
151k - Full service history
12 Months Mot - March 2012
6 Months Tax - Sep 2011

The time has come to sell the cavalier on, its a regrettable sale as it has been a great car in the time that I have owned it but needs must and I am afraid I can't justify keeping it any longer, the mileage is 151k but it has a full service history to back it up, it has just had a fresh 12 months mot put on it, the tax is due to run out at the end of February but I can re-tax at the buyers expense, the car was used as my daily runner and never missed a beat, I mostly did motorway miles and the car consistently returned 38-40mpg.

during the dry days of the summer I had the car up on the ramps and the whole underside was properly treated, new fuel lines fitted and any signs of rust were wire brushed, rust treated and fully coated in underseal in preparation for the harsh winters, its a honest car which has asked for nothing. A breakdown of the car:

Engine:

C25XE with 151k and full service history, very strong engine.
Cambelt, tensioners and water pump changed at 137k
Serviced last month with new Bosch super 4 spark plugs, GM rocker gaskets, GM oil, oil filter and fuel filter
Throttle body, Inlet manifold, Idle control valve, all hoses and the crankcase breather pipes have been cleaned and any build up removed - noticeable difference
New GM coil pack, fuel pump relay and genuine BERU ignition leads fitted last week at a significant cost
4.0 Bar Fuel Pressure Regulator - Cures the notorious V6 flat spot
K&N induction kit enclosed in the original airbox with a custom cold air feed
Inlet manifold has been painted Red along with a white rocker cover for a fresher look.
New enlarged downpipe and cat section fitted 5 months ago
Full stainless steel piper exhaust system fitted with new rubber mounts.

Transmission

F25 Gearbox - no crunches or whines.
Gearbox oil was changed at service.

Suspension

New standard GM springs fitted last week
Standard GM Shock absorbers.

Brakes

284mm Front discs and pads
260mm Rear discs and pads
3 piece handbrake cable recently replaced.

Interior

Full Cavalier turbo leather, slight wear on drivers bolster
Full toad total closure alarm and immobiliser fitted.
Genuine Vauxhall car mats - Rare.
CD player
working aerial
MK4 Astra gear lever - shorter shift
Electric/heated mirrors
Electric front windows
Heated rear window - all strips working.
Manual Sunroof
Exterior
Extremely rare irmscher front bumper
SRi side skirts
SRi rear bumper
SRi rear Spoiler - debadged
SRi bump strips
SRi colour coded boot panel
Vectra colour coded door handles
Opel Front wind deflectors
Opel Badges front and rear
Opel/Vauxhall Mudflaps
15" Fanblade Alloys

Bad points

well as you can expect with any car thats 17 years old, there is a few minor bad points
slight bit of rust appearing at the bottom of the drivers front wing - nothing major at all.
the car has had new rear arches fitted at some point, the rear quarters have been professionally sprayed but there is a very slight colour difference - I am just picky.
just below the fuel cap, some of the paint is marked, guessing from a fuel spillage, its never bothered me.
drivers seat has some bolster wear
end cap is missing on the side skirt - spare supplied, will fit this is if the weather improves.

I am looking for £950 ono, car is located in Ladybank, fife

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.