Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
can anyone help i have a vauxhall cartlton kreg 93 about 3 days ago i had a noise coming from the back it sounded like i was dragging a piece of wire on the ground when i stopped the noise went and didnt come back until today it got louder and louder as i drove my son to school. i took the rear wheels off but i could not find anything that looked out of place i have checked the brake pads and they still have a fair bit of pads on them . when i put the wheels back on and took it for a drive i then had a grinding noise coming from the back when i reversed it went. then it came back but not so loud and it was more on and off rather then constantly

rudd-van

·
ITS ALIVE!
1,134 Posts
Could be a few things...

Loose/worn brake pads.
Worn wheel bearing
ABS sensor rubbing on drive shaft by the diff.
Dry diff
Broken diff!

I recomend you get it sorted quick! If it is a broken diff, say the crown cog in the diff, there is a possiblity of the diff locking up completely.

The diffs on the Carltons tend to whine first tho....but get it checked!

HTH

·
Registered
36 Posts
My suggestion is nothing mechanical. Have a damn good look at the back end and I bet you will find a wretched piece of gravel (from the cheap road re surfacing they do) that has leapt up and got stuck.

I had this happen twice with the Carltons I used to own and the first time it drove me demented looking for the problem. It was well over 8 years ago so I can't remember exactly where the stone gets lodged but try between the driveshaft and "trailing arm" or hub area.

Heres hoping that is all it is!

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
Rear pads on the metal and now the pad backing is starting to touch the rust around the outer edge of the disc where the pads never contact.Happened to my cavalier a few weeks ago.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts